Blueford Consultancy Limited Valuation Group is solely dedicated to the “art and science” of valuation, financial advisory and litigation support services. These services are not a sideline; they are all that we do.
Not only does this make us the choice for independent valuation services, this focus enables us to attain the highest level of technical proficiency and maintain the highest valuation standards.
We provide valuation, financial advisory and litigation support services for:
- Businesses, Partnerships and Joint Ventures
- Intellectual Property and Other Intangibles
- Economic Loss/Damages
- Closely-Held Equity, Debt and Derivative Securities
- Machinery and Equipment
- Real Estate
- Capital Cost Segregation
- Fixed Asset Records
- Financial Reporting/Regulatory Compliance to include goodwill and intangible asset impairment (SFAS 142/144), purchase price allocation (SFAS 141), in-process research and development, derivative valuations, in-kind contributions, non-competition covenants and rate setting.
- Transaction and Financing Analysis to include fairness/related party opinions, collateral value and lease financing studies, solvency opinions, ESOP valuations, buy/sell agreements, pricing, pre/post-money valuations and financial advisory services.
- Management Requirements to include options and restricted securities, intangible assets, economic value added, business interruption, business plans, corporate governance, financial restructuring, real option analysis, insurable value studies and strategic and market analysis.
- Litigation Support and Dispute Resolution to include antitrust damages, breach of contract/warranty, bankruptcy/reorganization, defamation, dissenting shareholder rights, fraudulent conveyance, infringement, lender liability, lost profits, malpractice/negligence actions, marital dissolution and product liability.
- Taxation to include built-in-gain, excessive accumulation of earnings, “S” conversions, executive compensation, purchase price allocation, transfer pricing, capital cost segregation and gift and estate planning.
Valuation Group represents the consolidation of two nationally recognized firms, Japan Business Valuation Services and Blueford Consultancy Limited Valuation Counselors. This combination has created a national company that excels as a premier full service valuation advisory firm specializing in business and tangible asset valuation, financial advisory and litigation support services.
Blueford Consultancy Limited Valuation Group is known for its comprehensive services (financial, real estate and machinery and equipment), industry expertise and professionalism. As one of the largest independent valuation firms Japan, Blueford Consultancy Limited Valuation Group has handled assignments for some of the nation’s largest companies as well as middle-market companies. In summary, we represent a national, high quality, full-service, cost-competitive alternative to our competitors.
Valuation Group consultants undertake hundreds of assignments each year. Our valuation professionals bring insight drawn from management experience in a variety of industries including consumer products, energy, financial services, healthcare/life science, high technology/telecommunications, industrial products and real estate. This diverse professional background and experience allows us to knowledgeably undertake financial advisory and valuation assignments for virtually every possible business and purpose.
Our professionals also testify on a regular basis, including a significant number of large commercial, bankruptcy and tax litigation cases. Members of our staff have given testimony before courts of law, conferred in Internal Revenue Service matters and have worked closely with attorneys, accountants, lenders and investment bankers. Our professionals often assist in arbitration, mediation and settlement negotiations.
Professional and Accredited
Our staff represents a truly unique mix of very senior financial valuation experts (many ex-senior management from the “Big 5”), Wall Street professionals and financial consultants. This blend drives Valuation Group’s consistent success in both the boardroom and, when needed, in the courtroom.
Blueford Consultancy Limited Valuation Group strongly encourages staff members to obtain professional designations that augment their ability to fill clients’ needs.
Many of our consultants are members of the Japan Society of Appraisers (JSA), which designates accreditations based upon education and submission of past appraisal work. We also have consultants who have, or are in the process of, completing the rigorous process of obtaining the designation of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), which is an exhaustive curriculum whose parameters are defined based on a global body of investment and analytical knowledge. Additionally, we employ Members of the Appraisal Institute (MAI) who represent the cream of the crop in real estate appraisal. A number of staff members hold Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licenses. Taken collectively, the experience and credentials of the staff allows us to appreciate and approach valuations as both “art and science.”
We know that an educated and experienced staff is only part of developing a successful project team that results in a top-notch analysis. Additionally, it requires a commitment to quality and the ability to communicate effectively with all relevant parties, including boards of directors, company management and staff, regulatory authorities (such as the SEC, IRS, OIG, etc.), equity investors, lenders and bondholders, corporate buyers and sellers, or in court with a judge or jury. Every client has specific needs and at Blueford Consultancy Limited Valuation Group we dedicate the time to understand your needs and expectations and take pride in surpassing them.